INSTAGRAM

The World is in the Palm of Your Hand


Recently, I started diving into the depths of Instagram to see who else was writing and exploring out there. What I came across was nothing surprising. Other writers and poets eager to share their words and willing to support others on the same mission. Adventurers the world over doing what they love. 

Up until my Instagram spelunking, I had only used it to keep up with friends and family of whom I knew personally. Once I started writing publicly I used it as a marketing tool and, I'll admit, in the beginning, I wasn't keen on following other people's accounts. I had this mindset that a mark of success was having many followers, but following few. I have since broken that habit and am ever grateful that I did!

In following the accounts of others I have been immersed in a world culture of expression. Photos accompanying stories from Bali, Turkey, Morocco, Ireland, Mexico, and so on fill my newsfeed introducing me to the universality of human nature. We share a need for love, a desire for good food, and an awe of the world around us. I am educated every day about the similarities of man and it grows my compassion as it reminds me that we are all in this together.

Here are a few photos from some very interesting people. Be sure to click the caption to head over to their Instagram profiles.

@cgrodzki
@foreigngeek
@nabsphotography
@charles_post
@natgeo
@radam_gnawrot


Get out there and explore - even if it is only from the palm of your hand. You would be amazed how much your understanding of the world alters when you aren't looking through the lens of the media, but rather that of someone living in it, breathing, and experiencing it.
Who are your favorite Instagrammers?
TourRadar