INSTAGRAM

Feature: My Favorite Holiday


I don't dress up for Halloween. I don't throw a barbecue on the fourth of July. I can be festive on Christmas and I love to exchange gifts, but it isn't my favorite holiday. No, that right falls on Thanksgiving for three very simple reasons:

1.) We gather for the sake of gathering - no obligation, no expectations. Just friends and family coming together to spend time with one another, be thankful, focus on our blessings, and laugh.

2.) The feel of the house when it is frosty outside and the inside is filled with love, warm food, and snoozing bellies.

3.) Pumpkin pie. Duh.

I am most certainly a foodie - I grew up in Portland, Oregon, how could I not be? Food, and good food at that, practically runs through our veins. So Thanksgiving is kind of a big deal to me. I'm not big into cooking, but for this day. And while I won't do this very often on this blog, there are some recipes I just can't possibly keep from the public. I'm selfless like that.

This Wild Rice Stuffing is incredible and vegetarian! Savory, soft, sweet, and crunchy. (It kills me that I had to break alliteration right there, ugh!) I highly recommend this side dish for your festivities this year. It is the number one request from friends and family - "You're making that stuffing thing, right?!" Yes. Yes I am.

Whereas the Pumpkin Cheesecake is simply borrowed from the Cheesecake Factory - so you know they know what they are doing. It's delicious and always a huge hit with family.

Enjoy!



Source



What are your favorite Thanksgiving dishes?

TourRadar