INSTAGRAM

Oregon Coast Scenic Railroad

Not many people can say they've sat behind the engineer of a steam engine and rolled on down the Oregon coast with beautiful views of the ocean while the heat of the engine fire warms your face, but I can.


One of the very important stops I made on my July road trip was in Garibaldi, Oregon where I spent the morning with a lifelong friend who was leading the tour for the Oregon Coast Scenic Railroad. I have known Tim since were were five years old in the same kindergarten class and I have grown up with the privilege of watching him turn a hobby into a lifestyle. That morning I got to watch him manipulate the beast of a locomotive across the rails from Garibaldi to Rockaway Beach. It was a blast being able to see everything up close and get insights from Tim as well as his fellow crew members.




Tim hard at work.
I highly recommend this tour to anyone who is on the Oregon Coast. It's family friendly and you can even bring your dog on board! There is a 30 minute layover in Rockaway Beach so you can stop and grab a bite to eat, shop, or explore the beach. Just be sure to listen for the train whistle it's five minutes warning.




Tim is easily the most authentic person I have ever known. My admiration for him knows no bounds. Would you believe it? He's an elementary school teacher in Tillamook, Oregon. But even before that he was teaching those around him how to follow their dreams and remain true to yourself.









It's well worth spending your morning with your family on this unique experience. The Oregon Coast Scenic Railroad is a non-profit museum run by volunteers so you truly couldn't find a better cause to support on your vacation!


When did you last go back in time?
TourRadar